The posts are gone, the man who wrote them as well.
I write this for those that may come, and those that have been here before.
A friend used the title word to me. I thought deeply of her words, the things she said to me.
The man who wrote those posts came here broken, decimated, ripped apart in every way a man can be. Confidence and sense of self, destroyed.
He was in pain, empty, alone.
He reached out, wanting , needing, helpless to understand his plight.
I make no apologies, no excuses for the things I wrote, those who I reached out to.
My ego was shattered, my sense of masculinity obliterated. It was the most difficult period of my life.
This place was my refuge, my place to cry out.
In those posts were truths, glimpses of the man I truly am, also some small effort at bravado, attempting to find some firm hold on who I really was. There was humility, and exaggeration,
truth and fiction.
A desperate attempt to find comfort, reassurance, that I was still the man I was before.
I have moved on....No need here to expand on that, just that much of me has been restored. Not in totality, but enough that I again walk with my head held high, know that I can be found desirable, be cared for.
I will leave this here....just because!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have wondered how you have been and am so pleased to see you back in this place, even if it's to know you're leaving it. Best of luck and joy and love to you.
Post a Comment